About Tri-County Electric Cooperative
Established in 1938, Tri-County Electric Cooperative Association is your locally-owned Touchstone Energy Cooperative. TCEC is a not-for-profit distribution electric cooperative which provides services to our member-owners in Northeast Missouri. We continue to dedicate time, energy and resources to accomplish our mission: To enhance the quality of life of member-owners by promoting a positive economic, political, social and regulatory environment. Headquartered in Lancaster, Missouri, our service territory covers rural Northeast Missouri in Adair, Putnam, Schuyler, Scotland and Sullivan counties.
Compiles data and prepares customer bills by performing the following essential job functions:
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
- Effectively assist customers, both on the phone and in person, answer the telephone, receive and process member payments and requests; balance and prepare daily bank deposits.
- Provide efficient courteous service to members and the general public.
- Must be respectful and courteous to fellow employees and management.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly condition. Maintain an acceptable personal appearance to project a professional image and to enhance public relations.
- Keep informed of and abides by all cooperative policies, procedures, programs and safety rules.
- Perform all other such duties as may be assigned by the Office Manager, Chief Billing Clerk or his/her designee.
- Minimum five (5) years of customer service. Three (3) years of billing, data processing, bookkeeping or equivalent experience preferred. Proficient in basic Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access. Use of basic office equipment including 10 key calculator and cooperative software is preferred.
- Must possess a working knowledge or be willing to learn the cooperative service regulations, rates and policies. Must be able to analyze and interpret billing data.
- Must demonstrate initiative and motivation to organize and complete tasks and meet deadlines, acting independently and with minimum supervision and direction. Must be organized and able to multi-task.
- Must have or acquire an effective working knowledge of all office procedures, practices and equipment.
- Must have considerable skill in effectively dealing with a variety of people under difficult circumstances.
- Must be able to compose correspondence and use basic information and data in developing reports.
- Submit to and successfully pass a physical examination and/or drug screen at any time requested by the Cooperative.
- Must maintain up-to-date CPR and Standard First Aid Certifications.
- Attend training and/or courses relating to area of work (overnight stay may be required).
- Ability to accept change.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to keep documents and work information confidential.
- Work inside with ordinary and standard office conditions.
- Ability to work steadily for prolonged periods of time, working with several people, doing a variety of tasks, with many interruptions, deadlines, requiring a high degree of accuracy and under a heavy work load, if necessary.
- Mostly work at desk with some standing, bending, reaching, lifting, grasping and fine motor skills required.
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required, including availability during after-hours for storm restoration.
Mail: Tri-County Electric Cooperative
Attn: Amy Farris
PO Box 159
Lancaster, MO 63548
Tri-County Electric Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer. TCEC considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, medical conditions, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran/military status, GINA, sexual orientation and gender identity, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.