Interested in running for our Board of Directors and shaping the strategic direction of the Cooperative?
The Tri-County Electric Co-op Board of Directors consists of nine co-op members who each represent one district within the territory served by TCEC. The directors are responsible for establishing, reviewing, and revising corporate policies to ensure that service to the TCEC membership is always a priority while maintaining a stable yet competitive position in the industry by setting rate structures.
Being an electric cooperative director comes with several expectations, requirements and responsibilities. As a board member, you help make decisions that will impact the cooperative’s member-owners. Some of those responsibilities can include the following:
· Risk mitigation
· Setting policies and rates
· Understanding power supply
· Participating in strategic planning
· Making financial decisions
· Promoting the cooperative business model
· Gaining insights on political and environmental impacts
· Meeting member-owner expectations
We currently have a vacancy in one of the board seats, due to a recent resignation of our director in District 2, Schuyler County, south of Hwy 136.
The selection process begins with a petition form. Any TCEC member who resides in the area of the current vacancy and wishes to be considered as a director candidate may pick up the required petition from the office at 16894 US Hwy 63, Lancaster, MO 63548. You need 15 signatures of support from any active member in good standing to be considered.
Obtaining a Petition:
Candidacy packets will be available for pickup January 25, 2023. Your application and petition are due back in the office by 4:30 p.m. on March 24, 2023.
Once the deadline has been reached, the candidates who meet all of the requirements will be reviewed, and interviews will then be scheduled. After interviews, the current board will select a candidate to fill the vacancy until Tri-County Electric’s Annual Meeting in 2024. The candidate may run for their position at that time, if so inclined.
What you need to know:
· Review the By-Laws to determine eligibility
· Required to attend 12 monthly board meetings annually
· Strongly encouraged to attend educational trainings throughout the year
· Per diem provided & expenses reimbursed for meetings, conferences and trainings attended
Please call our office locally at 660-457-3733 or toll free at 888-457-3734, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm.